Contribution of PTC and PMPL in social Sector
Error messageNotice: Undefined offset: 1 in counter_get_browser() (line 70 of /var/www/www/www.ptb.gov.pk/sites/all/modules/counter/counter.lib.inc).
Contribution of Pakistan Tobacco Company and Philip Morris Pakistan Limited in Social Sector
Contributions by Pakistan Tobacco Company (PTC) & Philip Morris Pakistan, Limited (PMPKL) in the Social Sector under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives are summarized hereunder:
* Mobile Doctors Units (MDU): PTC runs two MDUs in Punjab province and five in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province. In last five years these MDUs provided basic health care to over 400,000 peoples.
* Learning Resource Centres: (LRC) : PTC has one LRC each in Buner, Mansehra,
Yar Hussain, Shergarh, Jhelum,Hasan Abdal and Akora Khattak Factory; another is in Akora Khattak Town especially for women.
* Afforestation: In 2011 PTC planted over 2.8 million saplings in Pakistan. More than 6,00,000 trees are being planted on the 153 Kilometers of Motor Way (M-1) from Peshawar to Islamabad.
* In 2013, PTC was awarded National Excellence Award by CSR Association of Pakistan and also by National Forum for Environment and Health and by Global Compact Network.
* Supporting Communities: In the summer of 2014 devastating floods hits the Country. PTC launched its emergency relief response affirming our commitment to society. An emergency Medical Camp initiative was launched through deploying our Mobile Dispensary Units. We were able to provide free medical assistance to over 5,000 people in the flood hit areas in less then 10 days. We delivered food packages and Tents to more then 40,000 flood affected people.
* Clean Drinking Water Project: PMPKL has established clean drinking water plants and installed hand pumps benefiting more than 530,000 stakeholders.
* Afforestation: PMPKL afforestation programme provides farmers more than 1 million saplings.
* Education: PMPKL is rehabilitating schools in the areas of Mardan,Swabi,Charsadda, Sahiwal and Kotri which shall benefit more than 3000 students.
* Mobile Dispensary: The Mobile Dispensary aims at outreach initiatives in the tobacco growing areas of KPK and it reaches out to more than 59,000 persons.
* Disaster Relief: The Disaster Relief programme aims to provide immediate relief to communities affected by natural calamities in Pakistan.
Source:- Multinational Tobacco Companies.