Error messageNotice: Undefined offset: 1 in counter_get_browser() (line 70 of /var/www/www/www.ptb.gov.pk/sites/all/modules/counter/counter.lib.inc).
We, in the Pakistan Tobacco Board are encouraged by every individual who has made a hit at our website as it reassures us, that Pakistani tobacco is being taken interest in by the Local and International market and people are interested to know about us.
2. Without getting into the technical aspects, as they are already available on our website, i will briefly portray the Pakistan Tobacco Board, which was established in 1968 for "the promotion of cultivation, manufacture and export of tobacco and tobacco products, marketing and prices and other information ancillary there to".
3. To achieve the aim of our establishment, we carry out field experiments at our Research Stations through our qualified Staff. We generally take measures in the interest of the tobacco industry. Our primary focus is to facilitate the grower and his intersts, which we do by imparting knowledge to the growers through field days and workshops at our Research facilities and Modal Farms.
4. The PTB is dealing with around 100 million kgs of tobacco, which is produced in Pakistan on a yearly basis. This tobacco crop provides jobs to approximately 50,000-60,000 farmers, and a labour force of 50,000 in more than 21 factories whereas upto 100,000 persons are indirectly employed through trading. Besides the PTB has helped to conribute about Rs. 114202 in millions to the national exchequer annualy in 2015-2016, in the process earning MRs. 1233.86, in foreign exchange.
5. To further develop and seek newer markets,a liaison is kept with the Pakistani Embassies and through the PTB's bi-annaual journal on Pakistan Tobacco. We are also an affiliate of the International Tobacco Growers Association.
6. It is my resolve to further develop our research facilities so as to ensure improvement of the quality of our tobacco thereby encouraging its export.
7. The Pakistan Tobacco Board website includes a "contact us" feature so that you can interact with us. I take this opportunity to welcome any query, advice or faciltation that may be required from us.
8. Our motto remains "Trusted by the Growers".