Constitution of the Pakistan Tobacco Board.
(1) As soon as may be after the commencement of this Ordinance, the Federal Government shall constitute a Board to be
called the Pakistan Tobacco Board consisting of the following members, namely :-
*(a) one member from North West Frontier Province or the Punjab to be elected by the Cigarette Manufacturers
Association of Pakistan;
*(b) six members, three each from the North West Frontier Province and the Punjab, to be nominated by the Provincial
Government concerned from amongst the tobacco growers;
*(c) one member to be nominated by the Federal Government on the recommendation of the Federation of Pakistan
Chambers of Commerce and Industry;
*(d) four members, one to be nominated by each Provincial Government;
(e) one member, being an officer serving under the Federal Government in the Ministry of Industries, to be nominated by
the Federal Government;
(f) two members, being officers serving under the Federal Government in the Ministry of Commerce, to be nominated by
the Federal Government.
* (g) one member, being an officer serving under the Federal Government in the Ministry of Agriculture and Works (Food &
Agriculture Division), to be nominated by the Federal Government; and
*(h) such other members as the Federal Government may nominate.
*(2) The Federal Government shall publish in the official Gazette the designations of the officers of the Federal Government or
a Provincial Government nominated to be members of the Board and the names of the other persons elected or
nominated to be such members and the Board shall be deemed to be constituted upon such publication.
(3) The Federal Government shall appoint one of the members nominated by it under clause (f) of sub-section (1) to be the
Chairman of the Board.
(4) The Board constituted under sub-section (1) shall be a body corporate by the name of the Pakistan Tobacco Board,
having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, own and dispose of any property and shall, by
the said name, sue and be sued.
4- Terms of members, etc.—
(1) A member of the Board shall, subject to the provisions of this section, hold office for two years and
shall be eligible for re-election or re-nomination.
(2) When a member ceases to reside in Pakistan or becomes other-wise
incapable of acting as such, the Federal Government shall declare the seat of the member to be vacant.
*(2A) If a member elected or nominated under clause (a) clause (b) or clause (c) of sub-section (1) of section 3 absents
himself from three consecutive meetings of the Board without the leave of the Chairman thereof, his seat shall become
(3) When the seat of a member becomes vacant under sub-section(2) or sub-section (2A) or by reason of resignation or
death, the vacancy shall be filled for the remainder of the term of such member by election or nomination of another person
in his place in the same manner as such member was elected or nominated.
(4) Where any authority or body entitled to do so fails to elect or nominate a member within the prescribed time, the Federal
Government may nominate a person to fill the seat of such member, and the person so nominated shall be deemed to have
been elected or nominated by such authority or body